Mending the Armor Teen Group
What is it?
Mending the Armor is a group for teen boys and a resource for parents and religious clergy to help youth impacted by pornography and out of control sexual behaviors.
The group aims to
- Assist youth in eliminating the use of pornography, masturbation and other unwanted sexual behaviors.
- Provide youth with information and insights into the devastating consequences of addiction to sexual behaviors.
- Assist youth in identifying the issues in their life that have led to participating in sexually compulsive behaviors.
- Assist youth in learning to manage their shame and begin the process of recovery.
- Provide youth with the opportunity to engage in a healthy dialogue about sexual issues with responsible adults in their life such as parents, church leaders and therapists.
- Provide a framework and understanding for healthy and fulfilling sexual identity and expression
Who is it for?
Young men ages 16-19 who struggle with any of following behaviors:
- Viewing of pornography
- Sexual Experimentation
- Inappropriate internet sexual behaviors
- Sexual boundary issues within the family or with other youth